Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
Head Honcho

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 1,171
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin


Interesting that you didn't include Cathy's reply to Cam. As well, that the comment was made attending a Rotary International Convention in 2013. Interesting that the tweet was not deleted.
Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 7.23.24 PM.png 


About as interesting that you quoted my post and not EA's. I simply cleaned up the screen shot to make it much more readable.

I object to you accusing me of not including something that was not posted by me originally. Best you retract that please.
0
EnoughAllready

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 388
Reply with quote  #27 
I couldn't find it. Thanks Dana. I apologize for assuming she deleted it.

That's what I did..... and couldn't see it. My bad.
0
danapop

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 268
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughAllready
PS. You seem to have found that tweet quickly Kevin after you waited so long for others to show you proof. Almost like you just sat back hoping nobody would find the tweet you knew existed.


Once you have a date for a tweet it literally takes 10 seconds to find it.  Twitter has really slick search functions.  
0
EnoughAllready

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 388
Reply with quote  #29 
My apologies to Kevin.
0
Kevin

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 274
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughAllready
Interesting that she deleted the tweet. Very interesting. What's your point. My point is that if she thought the tweet was justified, why delete it. Obviously she realized it wasn't. Nice try though.


Tim, the point is the tweet was not deleted. 


Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughAllready
PS. You seem to have found that tweet quickly Kevin after you waited so long for others to show you proof. 

Almost like you just sat back hoping nobody would find the tweet you knew existed.


I had no idea the tweet existed until you showed me the date of the tweet. Then it took me about 30 seconds to go to twitters advanced search and put in the date and Cathy's twitter account name.

Anything else you want to accuse someone of deleting?

__________________
 
0
Kevin

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 274
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughAllready
My apologies to Kevin.


Tim, I am getting sick of the accusations. After you apologize to Cathy Heron for accusing her of deleting the tweet. Than I will consider you being serious in this apology.

__________________
 
1
Kevin

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 274
Reply with quote  #32 
I did some searching and it is actually theskeptic that stated:

Individualism is a disease.



From what I understand,

Cathy Heron quoted Nobel Laureate Laymah Gbowee while attending a Rotary International conference.

Cathy is accused of saying it.

theskeptic quotes Cathy Heron who quoted Laymah Gbowee.

So that means the most recent person who said it is theskeptic.



__________________
 
2
EnoughAllready

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 388
Reply with quote  #33 
You'll be waiting a long time for that.

Kevin, you act like you're so impartial. You wear your agenda on your sleeve!

It's time for you to own up to where you stand.

It's getting tiresome.

When are you apologizing to Don?

Yes, of course, things only go one way for you and your sock monkey.
0
danapop

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 268
Reply with quote  #34 
Back to the context of the tweet and where it was said that "individualism is a disease" context is important and the comment was wholly unrelated to politics and more on social commentary.  I took a look at more of what Leymah Gbowee talks about and it is really about eradicating social injustices like bullying, discrimination based on age, sex, race, religion or sexual orientation.  If you take the quote in context, it is talking about how individualizing issues like discrimination against race or religion is a disease on society.  For example, choosing to ignore discrimination against First Nations People in Canada because you are not FN doesn't fix the problem, it exacerbates it.  

Context matters....


0
danapop

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 268
Reply with quote  #35 
Getting back to the point of the post - does anyone have any documentation on this proposal?  I cannot find anything on the city website.  
0
EnoughAllready

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 388
Reply with quote  #36 
Dana, please put that on 140 characters.

If you want context to matter. Put it in the tweet.

0
theskeptic

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,484
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
I did some searching and it is actually theskeptic that stated:

Individualism is a disease.



From what I understand,

Cathy Heron quoted Nobel Laureate Laymah Gbowee while attending a Rotary International conference.

Cathy is accused of saying it.

theskeptic quotes Cathy Heron who quoted Laymah Gbowee.

So that means the most recent person who said it is theskeptic.




Oh my Kevin ... that's rich ... I guess you go to any length to get Cathy to smile benignly upon you.   Good luck with that...
0
OMG

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 767
Reply with quote  #38 
Kevin your defense of Heron is way over the top. So an insignificant mistake saying that she deleted the tweet has got you in a knot and asking for an apology? Absolutely ridiculous. She is a big girl. Don't think she needs you as her guardian.
0
danapop

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 268
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughAllready
Dana, please put that on 140 characters. If you want context to matter. Put it in the tweet.


Fair.  Twitter doesn't afford the luxury of nuance.  But I will say that context is somewhat implied in the replies on that tweet to Cam and the #ricon13 hastag.  Not my tweet to defend really, I just think it was used out of context by TheSkeptic and has no bearing on the issue of braeside.
0
Kevin

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 274
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughAllready
You'll be waiting a long time for that. Kevin, you act like you're so impartial. You wear your agenda on your sleeve! It's time for you to own up to where you stand. It's getting tiresome. When are you apologizing to Don? Yes, of course, things only go one way for you and your sock monkey.


Don asked me to retract my statement. I did, I corrected it to be directed towards you.

Tim, I don't have an agenda.

I fought behind Cam and supported his internal auditor campaign. 

I have had a long disagreement with Nolan over comments he made that Sinclair reposted my blog post on the MyBirdie front page (the only page). Sinclair then quoted my post for days on his page.

I have taken Cathy Heron to task on a number of her positions and comments she has made publicly. The most recent being the unhitch trailers being parked on our streets.

I commented publicly on my distaste for the way that Gilles Prefontaine was hired by the City.

I publicly stated my extreme frustration with the Draper lawsuit and stated to Gord at a Citizens Coalition meeting that I hope he takes Draper to the cleaners in a countersuit.

I have given Sheena praise for motions she has brought forward and taken her to task for throwing people including friends of mine under the bus in some of her bullshit arguments.

I have yet to take Sheena to task for her lack of compassion for people with mental illnesses in this community and the rest of council for not calling her on it immediately when she made the statement in chambers.

Shall we talk about my complete disbelief that this council spent half a million dollars on the LRT study? Shall we talk about my complete lack of support for the St. Anne Street realignment?

So I am glad that you know what I wear on my sleeve. 

You see I discuss concepts, the majority here attack people. Yup, you know what is on my sleeve.

The quote "Individualism is a disease" seems to be what you believe. Because as soon as someone is an individual and doesn't join in the anger pushed here you jump all over them.

__________________
 
1
OMG

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 767
Reply with quote  #41 
Kevin, I am a little tired of some on this site being called angry like we are not supposed to be/ Hell, I am frustrated and angry for good reason. The actions of this council need to be called to question.
0
EnoughAllready

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 388
Reply with quote  #42 
Isn't this strange.

That happened quickly.

Attached Images
jpeg image.jpg (709.65 KB, 17 views)
jpeg image.jpg (737.08 KB, 15 views)

0
danapop

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 268
Reply with quote  #43 
June 31 doesn't exist. That's why. Just an erorr in your algorithm. Change the last part to 2013-06-30
0
Kevin

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 274
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG
Kevin, I am a little tired of some on this site being called angry like we are not supposed to be/ Hell, I am frustrated and angry for good reason. The actions of this council need to be called to question.


Huh?

I don't disagree that you have a right to your opinion and you have a right to question council. You don't have a right to take away my right to disagree with you.

I have never said you don't have a right to be angry. You need to respect my right not to be angry.




__________________
 
0
Head Honcho

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 1,171
Reply with quote  #45 
Nothing untoward EA, this is the search I used and a screen shot of the result:

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 9.13.29 PM.png 

0
danapop

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 268
Reply with quote  #46 
June 31 doesn't exist. That's why. Just an erorr in your algorithm. Change the last part to 2013-06-30

And you need from: in front of cathyheron
0
Kevin

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 274
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughAllready
Isn't this strange. That happened quickly.


Dana already commented on your error of June 31,

The second query is a query for 0 as the start and end are the same. If you just want to search a single date just put it in the since box and leave the until box empty.

__________________
 
0
EnoughAllready

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 388
Reply with quote  #48 
June 31st was a mythical date. What the hell. My bad.

All my bad.

Not a Twitter guy in any respect. I do apologize for that post. Obviously I pooched that.
0
danapop

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 268
Reply with quote  #49 
Oh I like Twitter [smile]

The search function is really awesome once you figure it out. You can mine lots of data. You can even search someone's account for a keyword.

I'm confident if I ever run for council I won't think so highly of the ability to mine my twitter account [smile]
0
theskeptic

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,484
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by danapop
Back to the context of the tweet and where it was said that "individualism is a disease" context is important and the comment was wholly unrelated to politics and more on social commentary.  I took a look at more of what Leymah Gbowee talks about and it is really about eradicating social injustices like bullying, discrimination based on age, sex, race, religion or sexual orientation.  If you take the quote in context, it is talking about how individualizing issues like discrimination against race or religion is a disease on society.  For example, choosing to ignore discrimination against First Nations People in Canada because you are not FN doesn't fix the problem, it exacerbates it.  

Context matters....

Dana: sorry for the delay in my response...  

Unfortunately "choosing to ignore discrimination against First Nations People in Canada because you are not FN" isn't "individualizing" the problem. Further "individualizing" is not the same as "individualism". Additionally diseases are a medical condition whereas individualism is a philosophical perspective.

So anyone who is impressed with Leymah Gbowee's speech and starts tweeting around that "individualism is a disease" obviously needs to do some serious reading of political philosophy and they will quickly discover that "individualism" has played central fundamental role in western liberal democracies.  Gbowee can't negate that fact .... and Heron's tweet was merely a propagation of some left wing nonsense wrapped up in some equally nonsensical catch phrases.


0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.